Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Can't win

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Can't win


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Can't win

    Decided this Valentines Day I wouldn't screw up. So I got everything...candy, roses, and jewelry. Gotta be one she likes right?

    So the redhead turns to me, hands on hips..."Alright, what did you do?"

    Just can't win...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member Audio_by_Goodwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 9th, 2004
    Location
    West Michigan
    Posts
    2,157
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Decided this Valentines Day I wouldn't screw up. So I got everything...candy, roses, and jewelry. Gotta be one she likes right?

    So the redhead turns to me, hands on hips..."Alright, what did you do?"

    Just can't win...
    Haha...... at least you can suprise her in that you're NOT guilty of something
    Audio_by_Goodwill
    Michigan, USA

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Jonas@Psychedelic's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2009
    Posts
    13
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Well, he didn't say that he was not guilty, did he.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member RonSSS's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    1,222
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    A gal on the Chevelle site has this in her signature:

    There are two ways to argue with a woman and neither of them works!
    Enjoying Altec Speakers since 1972

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Can't win


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    A man on his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, God said, 'because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

    The biker pulled over and said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want.'

    God replied, 'Your request is materialistic; think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help man kind.'

    The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, 'God, I
    wish that I , and all men, could understand women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, why she snaps and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a woman truly happy.

    God replied: 'You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    HB Super Moderator
    Can't win


    Altec Best's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2008
    Location
    Central New Jersey
    Posts
    4,257
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    16 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by RonSSS View Post
    There are two ways to argue with a woman and neither of them works!
    So that's why I'm trying to come up with the 3rd.

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member voice of the theater's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 25th, 2009
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Posts
    1,412
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    A man on his Harley was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, God said, 'because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

    The biker pulled over and said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride over anytime I want.'

    God replied, 'Your request is materialistic; think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking; the supports required reaching the bottom of the Pacific and the concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that could possibly help man kind.'

    The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally, he said, 'God, I
    wish that I , and all men, could understand women; I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, why she snaps and complains when I try to help, and how I can make a woman truly happy.

    God replied: 'You want two lanes or four on that bridge?"
    Too funny!:snickerpup:
    Being of "Sound" Mind

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member analog addict's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2007
    Posts
    521
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Decided this Valentines Day I wouldn't screw up. So I got everything...candy, roses, and jewelry. Gotta be one she likes right?

    So the redhead turns to me, hands on hips..."Alright, what did you do?"

    Just can't win...

    Ahhh...you blew it. The correct response would have been..." Well, there's this set of speakers......" and then clam up and don't say anything more. Then, the minute she's out of range, get busy and find the biggest ugliest pair of A2's or similar known to Mankind....:2thumbsup:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Analog Addict - Jack of all Trades, Master of None
    Searching for Sonic Nirvana...

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member 604man's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 13th, 2009
    Posts
    117
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    OH MY ! 1, 2 , or 3 ??

  10. #10
    Inactive Member theophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast.Queensland.Australia.
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Can't win

    Quote Originally Posted by 604man View Post
    OH MY ! 1, 2 , or 3 ??
    Three.

    If your just borrowing one for(say) a week,it's irrelevant.
    Turntable : Yamaha GT 2000 - Cartridge : Soundsmith The Voice Ebony - Phono Stage : Moon LP5.3 - Preamp : Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid - Speakers : KRK Expose E8B.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.